Write text here…
- Windows 8.1 vs OS X Mavericks: Which OS is Best? (laptopmag.com)
- Street Fight Daily: Tribune To Split Publishing, Google Improves Maps (streetfightmag.com)
- The Best Mobile Apps for Pet Parents (petcarerx.com)
- Trying to complete all projects from Martyr2’s Mega Project List (github.com)
- NoteSuite could replace Evernote, Skitch, Reminders, PDF apps and more (tuaw.com)
- Apple vs Google vs: where is innovation? (worldofinnovations.net)
- Street Fight Daily: Saving Online For Offline, Tablet Owners Stay Put (streetfightmag.com)
- Scraping for kittens (scraperwiki.com)
- 9 social media predictions & business recommendations for 2013 (socialmedia.biz)
- Genealogy Programs for Android (eogn.com)
Remember that new version of Google Maps for Android that Google previewed back at I/O in May? It’s here! The new app began rolling out to Android devices this morning, bringing with it a new interface (including one built just for tablets) and a handful of new features. The iOS build, meanwhile, should be updated in just a few days — and it’ll bring proper Google Maps support back to the iPad, to boot.
Alas, the interface revamp means a few old features had to get the chop.
Google says the update should be “gradually rolling out to Android 4.0.3+ users over the next few weeks”.
Here’s the old and new interface, side-by-side (though the differences are much more apparent in the video below):
If you’ve been running the Maps app that Google released for iOS back in December (three months after Apple ditched Google Maps in favor of their…
View original post 496 more words