Jeff Bezos’s $250 million buyout of the Washington Post, may be the Amazon founder and CEO’s first venture into old-school newsprint, but he’s certainly no stranger to tech and media investments.
Bezos has personally invested in 11 companies since he founded Amazon(s amzn) in 1994, according to CrunchBase, though there are several more companies he's taken a financial interest in.
- Passionate, Independent, Insensitive? You May Be an Entrepreneur (youngentrepreneur.com)
- 3 Imperatives for Healthcare Communicators Managing Industry Change (& Lessons for the Rest of Us) (prnewswire.com)
- Pivotal Moments (kathunsworth.com)
- How to Deal With Search Marketing Burnout (searchenginewatch.com)
- Top accelerators and incubators in London (vator.tv)
- Interview: Tim McCormick on Social Media, Scholarly Communication and Digital Publishing, Part 2 (criticalmargins.com)
- reKiosk Allows Tastemakers To Cash In On Music Recommendations (hypebot.com)
- How The Semantic Web Changes Everything. Again! (forbes.com)
- One upweb presentation (slideshare.net)
- Google chooses speed over content for search (chrisabraham.com)