Israeli business newspaper Calcalist is saying that Apple(s AAPL) is in discussions to acquire PrimeSense, a company that makes motion-control chips that go in televisions, mobile devices, computers, robots and more. Those discussions, which took place in the last few weeks, are said to be "in the early stages,"
According to the Reuters translation, a group of Apple's senior engineers visited PrimeSense's Tel Aviv headquarters earlier this month.
- Surprise, the Tech News Didn't Stop While I Was Away (xconomy.com)
- Tumblr Apps Ban #Gay, #Lesbian, And #Bisexual Searches (towleroad.com)
- All the PRISM Data the Tech Giants Have Been Allowed to Disclose So Far (motherboard.vice.com)
- iOS 7: Thoughts and Questions (macstories.net)
- Forget online porn, a teen's biggest problem is reputation management (wired.co.uk)
- How Apple's App Store Changed Business at Its Core (entrepreneur.com)
- Microsoft Offers Ad-Free Bing Search For Schools (forbes.com)
- Games Inbox: Great summer of gaming, Zelda Wii U, and Rogue Legacy love (metro.co.uk)
- Working Post on Government Motion in Moalin Prosecution (emptywheel.net)
- Apple, Google, More Demand Transparency on Govt Data Requests (pcmag.com)