Write text here…
- App Store Wandoujia Adds 500,000 Users a Day, About Half of New Android Activations in China (techinasia.com)
- China’s Internet user population grows to 519 million (ctvnews.ca)
- In search of a Google alternative (bbc.co.uk)
- China’s online population rises to 519 million (nzherald.co.nz)
- China’s Youku Tudou partners with Sina Weibo to promote its video content to 500m+ microbloggers (thenextweb.com)
- Alibaba Pursues New Smart TV OS To Grow Its E-Commerce Play (techcrunch.com)
- Alibaba Group shifts to top gear as it expands travel industry services (tnooz.com)
- 25 Content Marketing Facts That Will Make You Seriously Consider Mobile (zemanta.com)
- The Best Mobile Apps for Pet Parents (petcarerx.com)
- Growth Hacking Apps: One Indie Developer’s Success Story (tapstream.com)
Originally posted on TechCrunch:
Here’s a sign of how valuable China’s biggest alternative app stores have become.
The country’s leading search engine, Baidu, just signed a memorandum of understanding to acquire 91 Wireless for $1.9 billion from NetDragon.
91 Wireless runs some of the country’s biggest smartphone app distribution platforms through 91 Assistant and HiMarket. An independent research firm iResearch put the company as the top third-party distribution platform in China by active users and accumulated downloads.